Soto’s 2-run single leads White Sox past Tigers, 7-3

DETROIT (AP) - Mike Pelfrey put his emotions aside and helped his new team, the Chicago White Sox, beat his old team, the Detroit Tigers.
Pelfrey, who was released by the Tigers near the end of spring training, started Friday’s game at Detroit and left after 4 2/3 innings with the game tied. Geovany Soto then had a two-run single in the eighth, helping the White Sox beat the Tigers 7-3 at Comerica Park.
“There’s no bitterness,” Pelfrey said of facing Detroit. “Those guys were good to me. Obviously, spring training didn’t end the way I wanted, but that’s on me. I don’t think I lived up to my end of the bargain.”
Pelfrey, who gave up two first-inning runs, settled down after the rough start. He allowed three earned runs on six hits, walked four and struck out two.
“I try to turn the page, and I was here to help the White Sox tonight,” he said. “I try not to make too much eye contact with them because it’s hard with guys you played with and cared about. I’m just glad these boys picked me up and it was a good team win.”
Anthony Swarzak (2-0) pitched two scoreless innings for the White Sox, who won their fifth straight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angelina Jolie Credits Her Late Mother Marcheline Bertrand For Her Parenting Skills

Jimmy Kimmel set to return as host for next year's Oscars

This Is the Best Burger Chain in the U.S., According to Americans